Veterinary & Health Documentation Requirements

As previously mentioned, fall of hammer insurance requires no health documentation in order to commence the policy. For all other insurance contracts, you have to provide evidence of health documentation in the form of either a current Veterinary Certificate or an owner’s current Declaration of Health (which we provide), which can be filled out and signed you or the person responsible for looking after your horse; no need for a veterinarian to be called out to examine the horse. Which health document is required will depend largely on the value of the insured horse, its age and previous health history.