Terms & Conditions of Use of our Website & Access to Information contained on our site
Welcome to our website.
“Our” refers to Magic Millions Insurance Pty Ltd, the owner of the website. “You” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Accuracy of information
Our website contains information, files, documents, pages and images gathered or prepared by Magic Millions Insurance.
All material posted on Magic Millions Insurance’s website [insert website] is collected with care, provided in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be accurate and current as at the date of publication. As we rely on information sourced from third parties, it is important to remember that you use our website entirely at your own risk. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not offer or make any representation, guarantee or warranty that any material will be reliable, accurate, suitable or complete or that your access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
We will not accept responsibility or be liable for any damage, loss or expense resulting from any errors in or omissions from the material on our website, nor any action or decision by you in reliance on the material posted thereon, nor any interruption, delay in operation or transmission, virus, communications failure, internet access difficulties, or malfunction in equipment or software.
General information – non advisory
The material posted on our website is for your general information and use only. It is not intended as advice and must not be relied upon as such. The material has not been prepared by taking into account your specific personal objectives, needs or circumstances, insurance requirements or financial situation. It is your responsibility to ensure that any services, products or information meet your specific requirements and are appropriate to you. You should make your own inquiries and if necessary seek independent professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances before making any decisions.
The content of our website is subject to change without notice.
Copyright & intellectual property
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. Except for the temporary copy held in the computer’s cache and a single permanent copy for your personal reference, the material may not otherwise be used, copied, reproduced, published, distributed, sold or resold, stored in a retrieval system, altered or transmitted in any form or by any means in whole or part or otherwise disseminated to others without our prior written approval.
Unauthorised use of our website may give rise to a claim for damages and constitute a criminal offence.
Reference material, specimen forms & sample documents
Material posted on our website is general information only and cannot be relied upon as being automatically included in any contract of insurance that is finally concluded. Terms and conditions, including extensions, vary among insurers. It is important that you consult the policy document or contract of insurance to satisfy yourself that it contains all the terms, conditions and extensions that you require and that it is appropriate to you. All references in the website to “dollars” or “$” relate to Australian dollars unless specifically stated otherwise.
Links to third party or other websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites operated by other entities and providers. Links to these third party websites are provided in good faith, for your convenience to further access industry related and helpful information. We have no responsibility for or over the content of any linked websites and our references to these sites should not be construed as our endorsement or recommendation of those websites, its proprietor, their products or services. You link to third party websites entirely at your own risk.
Your use of our website and any dispute or action arising out of such use is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of New South Wales.
Terms & Conditions – Quotation request
The following terms and conditions will apply to the sourcing of insurance and premium funding quotes by Magic Millions Insurance Pty Ltd (Magic Millions) on behalf of applicants, clients and prospective clients:
- A third party agent representing the applicant warrants that he/she/it/they has/have due authority to act or contract on the applicants behalf;
- A third party agent and client warrants that no interested party in the risk for which a quote is requested has any objection to details being supplied to Magic Millions, or to Magic Millions sourcing quotes from its network of providers, at Magic Millions’ discretion;
- Magic Millions does not warrant that any or all underwriting agents, intermediaries, brokers and/or insurers from whom it requests a quote will in fact present a quote;
- Magic Millions is not obliged to disclose reasons why an underwriting agency, intermediary, broker and/or insurer declined to quote;
- An underwriting agency, intermediary, broker and/or insurer warrants that third party personal information shall be used solely for the purposes of assessing the risk and presenting a quote;
- Magic Millions is not liable or responsible for errors, omissions or actions on the part of the applicant and any third parties in the course of sourcing quotes or arranging cover;
- Magic Millions accepts no responsibility or liability for inaccuracies on the part of an underwriting agency, intermediary, broker and/or insurer in compiling a quotation or for any inadequacy of cover;
- The applicant, client or prospective client is solely responsible for accepting any insurance quote;
- Any summary of covers is not to be interpreted as definitive cover. Final cover should be confirmed and agreed by the placing broker or underwriting agency with reference to the policy wording that forms an integral part of the contract of insurance;
- Specimen or sample forms and documents that appear on or are accessible via Magic Millions’ website do not automatically form part of every contract of insurance. Different insurers offer varied terms and conditions and may have different security ratings;
- Upon acceptance of a quote, the contract of insurance is between the insurer (including represented by an underwriting agent) and the insured, or between the premium funder and the applicant and must be ratified by these parties;
- Final confirmation of cover is issued by the insurer or its appointed underwriting agent, duly authorised;
- The insured warrants that at all times he/she/it/they is/are able to justify the sum insured, which should be reviewed regularly throughout the period of insurance;
- Magic Millions accepts no responsibility or liability for any actions of an insurer or underwriting agency in the event of failure by an insurer to settle a claim or to settle for full value;
- For insurance quotes that are converted into policies, Magic Millions is remunerated by the placing broker/underwriting agent based on a percentage of the commission that they receive from an insurer, as is customary practice in the insurance industry;
- For premium funding quotes that are converted into finance contracts, Magic Millions is remunerated by the premium funder on a commission basis as is customary with premium funding referrals.